Mechanical Engineering e.g.
- Corrosion of valve seats
- Fatigue of big forged or cast parts
- Corrosion of corrosion-resistant castings
- Hardfacing of parts against high-temperature wear
- Surface integrity of machining parts
- Fatigue of tool materials for rollers
- Wear of tools
- Development of tool materials and hardfacings
- Heat Treatment
Automotive and Transport Engineering e.g.
- Parts within the drive train
- Fatigue of rollers
- Wear of coatings
- Corrosion of forged and cast alloys
- Development of wear resistant materials for hardfacing or metal spraying
Biomedical Engineering e.g.
- Metallic biomaterials
- Coronary and peripheral stens
- Bone plates for orthopedic, traume, and facial surgery
- Hip and knee joints
- Instruments and appliances